Real skills for real property.
With the increasing complexity of both commercial and residential real estate transactions, managing the purchase or sale of a property can be a daunting task. In addition, many buyers and sellers do not know what pitfalls to look for. GCK’s transactional lawyers’ unique tax and business backgrounds provide the requisite skills to handle complex commercial real estate transactions.
Commercial Real Estate
Whether purchasing or selling commercial, retail or industrial real estate, it is important to have experienced and trusted attorneys to guide the process. GCK’s lawyers can assist at every step along the way from contract development to contract negotiation.
Commercial real estate services include:
- Allocating liabilities for environmental contamination, existing claims, rents, utilities, and real estate taxes
- Building and zoning applications and variances
- Contract negotiations
- Due diligence reviews
- Negotiating contract terms, deadlines, and contingencies
- Non-disclosure agreements and letters of intent
- Obtaining estoppel certificates from tenants and lease assignments
- Recommending property and liability insurance coverages
- Reviewing loan and security agreements
- Reviewing title searches, liens, and easements
Experience assisting landlords and tenants in lease negotiations:
- Cell phone tower leases
- Ground leases
- Leases with options to buy
- Office, retail, and industrial leases
- Residential leases
Residential Real Estate
The purchase of a home is often the largest investment an individual will make during their lifetime. Purchasing or selling a home can also be an extremely emotional experience. Whether a first-time homebuyer or an experienced real estate investor, GCK’s lawyers provide the guidance needed to carefully evaluate and negotiate a transaction. Although GCK handles many real estate transactions each year, unlike other firms, our attorneys stay involved in a real estate transaction from start to finish and provide advice and counsel to every aspect of the transaction.
Selecting the right attorney is important because every step in a real estate transaction requires not only legal competence and expertise, but also the ability to act as a project manager to bring the matter to a close.
GCK’s residential real estate services include:
- Closing document preparations
- Contract review and negotiation
- Coordinating with lenders
- Resolving inspection issues
- Reviewing title and addressing liens